Friday, May 6, 2011

First product review: Vileda Promist Mop

Whenever there is a move, there is inevitably going to be lost items. Over the last few months, I had slowly found items on my mental 'Lost' list but one item was still MIA. And a random one at that, our mop bucket. On top of that, I found out that K and I both hate our mop. It's an old string style mop that is always dirty and the process of filling the mop bucket, bringing it upstairs and carrying it around the house ends up making more of a mess than it cleans up. So I bought a new mop a few weeks ago and decided that today would be the perfect day to take it for a test run. And, it turns out, I like it. Hopefully this review is helpful for all of you reading!

Why I choose the Vileda Promist Mop
At the time, it was cheaper than the Swiffer WetJet. It also offers three environmentally friendly/cost effective features. The first is that the removable velcro mop pad is machine washable up to 100 washes. This appealed to me more than the disposable mop pads offered by the Swiffer. The second feature is that you use your own cleaning solution in the refillable container, instead of buying pre-packaged refill packs. Now I'm not super concerned about my carbon footprint, considering I do most of my cleaning with disposable lysol wipes, or paper towels, but I like to do what I can when I can. And, since I live with cats and kids, the option to use whichever cleaning solution I want is a huge benefit. Today, I simply used vinegar with hot water. The third is that you don't need batteries. As a mother who is constantly changing batteries in kids toys, the last thing I need to worry about is powering my mop.

Why I like the Vileda Promist Mop
On top of the above features, the Vileda Promist Mop is very easy to use. The mop head swivels easily and is easy to move around the room. And, as someone who's 6 feet tall, I don't have to bend over or hunch my back to get the job done. The mist feature is very easy to use and the spray covers a good area in front of you. I remembered that we had some dried cat puke downstairs on the entry way tile and my simple solution of vinegar and hot water along with a few good 'swipes' got it clean.

Other than the actual functioning of the mop, I love how light and mobile it is. It's almost awkward when you have to carry a mop bucket of dirty, soapy mop water around the house and this is super easy. I love that there's no mop bucket to fill up and you can use as much or as little solution as you want or need depending on what you're cleaning up.

For anyone considering a new mop, I definitely recommend this one. Feel free to post a comment or question. Have you used this mop before? Are you thinking about it? Hopefully I can help you out and make cleaning up those mommy messes a little bit easier.

5 comments:

  1. I've become a big fan of cleaning with vinegar! My biggest concern had always been cleaning the baby's high chair and not leaving behind chemicals that he'll pick up. My mom bought me a steam mop for my bday and I think I'll start mixing vinegar with the water now...I'm looking at the kitchen floor and seeing a lot of missed spots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you from bloggy moms. Check out my blog: diaperderby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great breakdown! Very descriptive!

    Following you here from Bloggy Moms.

    Please come visit us at voiceBoks - The Voice of Motherhood and find out what

    everyone's saying, doing, etc. There, you'll also meet a really great group of wonderful women who love to connect and meet new people.

    Hope you had a great Mother's Day! Have a lovely week!

    Take Care,

    Lexie Lane
    www.voiceboks.com

    P.S. Please come and join our year long Hop with Hopper Strategized when you have a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be careful the vinegar solution is not too strong as it can destroy the grout between the tiles. Your review was very helpful I will definitely be getting that mop now. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you

    Cleaning Mop

    ReplyDelete