Monday, September 26, 2011

Beating the Monday blues

I've figured out that Monday is my most productive day of the week. It helps me not to stress too much over the weekend. I almost always get my bathrooms cleaned and can easily throw in some laundry and other tasks as well. This rainy Monday is no different. The diapers have just finished drying, so I'll throw in a load of clothes once I'm done here. I swept and mopped the kitchen, tidied off some tables upstairs and in an attempt to find my good sewing scissors, cleaned off my desk downstairs as well. I made my bed, picked up around the house and got some phone calls done. In baby K's room, I got the movement sensor out and installed under his crib mattress.

There really is no better way to beat the Monday blues than by having a super productive day. And sometimes it helps to write out what you've done in a day in order to see just how productive you've been. Now if I could find those scissors before the kids wake up, then I could also have a diaper cover done and ready to be tested by my adorable little man. That also means that after dinner, when the kids are asleep, I can cuddle with my big man on the couch with a cup of hot chocolate and listen to the rain. Ahhh, Mondays.

1 comment:

  1. Tuesdays are my Mondays because Monday is my husband's only day off. But I'm like you, Tuesday is my most productive day of the week! It keeps me from thinking how one day with hubby isn't enough, especially if it's an errand day and not a play day. I like to clean when it rains, too. While the outside of the house is getting cleaned, the inside of the house is too!

    ReplyDelete