Wednesday, February 22, 2012

If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It!

Maybe it's because I blog about cleaning, but after I found a system that worked, I felt compelled to find another system that worked better. But now I'm realizing that in the process, I just lost my groove. I haven't found another system that worked, so I'm going back to my schedule.

As I'm preparing each meal, I put away dry dishes and clean the new ones. This makes sure we never have an overflowing sink of dishes. In the morning, I put a load of laundry in the wash, in the afternoon, I move it to the dryer and in the evening, I fold and put away. Throughout the day, I'll tidy the house up and during nap time, I'll do one deep clean task per day. These are:
Monday: Bathrooms
Tuesday: car/downstairs
Wednesday: windows
Thursday: dust
Friday: floors

I was doing so well with this system that I'm wondering why I tried changing it! I have 4 days left until the 1 year anniversary of us getting possession of the house and it's almost where I want it. I'm actually quite proud of myself in the last two days. I really can do this stay at home mom thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment